Monday, October 12, 2009

Run less, Run Faster

So glad to start this program. I really think it will help me with my time. We shall see!

The program is doing 3 key runs a week. No more than that! I always thought that in order for me to run well i would have to run atleast 5 days/week. So this is good. This is a 12 week program which will take my training all the way to December 28th. This is going to be a huge commitment with the holidays & all. I will do this though.

Todays run: Track repeats
10-20 min warm up
8 x 400's with a 400 rest interval 9:23 pace
10 minute cooldown

I did not really do a warm up , because I didn't have much time. I know this is terriblem but I was determined.
I'm not gonna lie the pace was a little challenging, but it was good I think I need the challenge. The first 2 or 3 sets I felt great. I did a light jog for the rest interval. For repeat 4 I was getting
a little tired but still pushing. By the time I got to repeat 5 I realized I wasn't going to be able to finish because I had to go teach my class. So I started repeat 5 and my left knee was a little achey. Not unusual for me, but not pleasant either. So after 30 secinds I stopped & walked for about a minute. I WAS NOT GIVING UP! I started back up & finished repeat 5 in 2 minutes.

TOTAL:
1 minute warm up
5 repeats @ 9:23 pace
cooldown was minimal because of class
Total time on mill was 30 minutes.

I really need to figure out how to use the mill correctly. I think Christy is going to give me a lesson tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm very excited that you are starting this program. It's makes it so much easier to train knowing what you have to do and this book takes the thinking out of it. Good luck! I know you can do it momma!

    ReplyDelete