Monday, September 7, 2009

I did it!!!!!

What a great way to start of a Monday morning!! I had 2 awesome girls to run with who pushed me to the limit. Christy, Teresa, & I ran with the Suncoast Striders today & I thought I would go 4 maybe 5miles, but i went a little over 6. What an accomplishment for me.

We started out in the very cute quaint community of Longleaf & ran up the starkey trail & back to Longleaf. It was a very pretty, nice, & quiet. For the first 2 miles I was ok, after that I just kept asking myself where was the water stop? SOOOOOO grateful for the water stop. I am not even gonna fake it, but the 3 miles back were hell. Not because I was tired, but because my knee was hurting. But I was determined, no matter how often I had to run/walk, I was finishing this 6 miles. WAIT A MINUTE, let me back it up.......I had my 1st running meltdown today. Thank god Teresa & Christy were a little ahead if me;o) On the way back, I'm gonna say maybe mile 3.5 or so we had come off the little bridge & I had to walk for a minute. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head at this moment & I felt like I was gonna cry. I know I'm a big ole baby. I thought to myself I wonder if they can just come back & pick me up in the car, & then something made me snap out of it & I was over myself & picked it back up again as if nothing ever happened. It's moments like this that make me wonder how I can find it so easy to motivate other people, but I have a hard time motivating myself. I dunno! Whatever!
Finally Christy double backed her way back to me & said,"Jen, we're almost there, you've got 5.5 miles in." I was like, "WOOHOO!!!!!! I am so finishing this!" So, I did it in 1 hour 8 minutes & 11 seconds. Not the best time but not the worst either. Not to bad for my 1st 6 mile run. Now, hopefully my knee feels better & I can get through my classes this week. Ice & elevate baby!

ALL I CAN SAY IS, "IF YOU CAN'T BRING IT, GO HOME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment