Sunday, September 19, 2010

5 mile & GORGEOUS weather!!!

Run Less, Run Faster Week 9 Day 3~Long run

Today's goal was to make this a good run, that's all I wanted. I got exactly what I had hoped for.....great friends, awesome weather, and put in my first 5 mile run of the season. You could definently tell the difference in the weather today. The air pockets that we were hitting were an absolute dream!!!! Let's just hope that this continues :) The first 3 miles were pretty strong if I do say so myself. Mile 4 was ok, but by mile 5 my legs were DONE!!!! It took all that I had to get to my fast friends who were patiently waiting. God love them because they are ALWAYS waiting on me.
The Race 4 the Cure is officially 2 weeks away! I'm not nervous about this at all. This particular run is more for the experience than a PR. There are so many people that attend this race and you spend so much time weaving on and out of people. I have always loved this race just for what it is. It makes me appreciate being a strong woman, and it is just all over emotional & I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment