Thursday, August 27, 2009

7/22/09

Trying to find where I stand
Today was a good day....I am right around the corner from OFFICIALLY training for the Race & I'm just trying to find out where I stand. I am ever so thankful for the good friends that I have in this b/c in the long run, they are what gets me through it.It was just Christy, Kelly, & I tonight. We did really well. I mean Christy could so blow us out if the water, but she sticks through it & she is sucha good trainer & great motivator. The three of us did the first 2.7 at a slow-moderate pace walking every few minutes. At this pace I could have definently run the full 5K non-stop. Then we waved bye to Kelly & Christy wanted me to pick up the pace a little bit. So, I started to set the pace, which was a mistake. I have a tendancy to set the pace way faster than it needs to be & then exhaust myself. I think I am going to invest in a nice watch that will help me w/this. At any rate, I couldn't run the last 1.35 or whatever it is fully. I really need to push myself. & I will. What did I say in my first blog??? If you can't bring it go home!!!!!!!! I need to stick to that. I know I can do this & I will!!!! So, all in all I had a good night. My training this week was a little wishy washy, but that's ok. I'm still getting it in.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment