Thursday, August 27, 2009

BLah blah blah

Ok, so I had another blog, but I am a little blog challenged. SOOOOO.....I will just copy & paste my posts.

Here is post #1 from 7/19/09


Had good thoughts going in....
Here is where my journey starts. This is going to be a good but hard training, but I know I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! I think my saying for this training is going to be, "IF YOU CAN'T BRING IT, GO HOME!" I am currently training for Race 4 the Cure in Tampa, FL on October 3rd. I ran this race last year & I thought I was going to die by the time I was finished. NOT because I was exhausted, but because I had a SERIOUS case of PLantar Fasciaitus & heel spurs. It was so bad I could not walk by the end of the night. It got better over the course of about 2 months, but I am no where near 100%. I have done about 4 races this year & have faired ok. Two of them I ran w/my then 7year old daughter, Taylor. The last one was IRONGIRL. I think i did ok for that race...I finished in 34 minutes, which I thought wasn't terrible since we had to go up & down the AWFUL Clearwater bridge not once, but TWICE!!!!! Not only that I did not train for that race at all. Just got out there & did it. Stupid I know.I have an AWESOME group of friends who are very encouraging & running as well. A few of them are well seasoned runners & a few are just getting started, so there is a good mix. So far, our group consists of myself, Christy, Teresa, Barb, Shannon (who will always be there in spirit), Kelly, Melissa, Christie, & my soon-to-be sis in law Jillian. It's a big group, but they are GREAT!!! It's so nice because everyone brings something different to the table. They are funny, witty, encouraging, kind, awesome, open-minded, good-hearted, some say just what's on their mind & say it like it is (yes, I fall into that category), & CRAZY!!!!!!!!! It's a great group of girls to be with & I am just grateful to have them all.The goal is to be able to run the Race 4 the Cure in 30 minutes. You would think that would be easy to shave 4 minutes off my IRONGIRL time, but we'll see. No, I take that back. I WILL, because IF YOU CAN"T BRING IT, GO HOME!!!!!!!!! I just need to have a good mindset & fit one more day of running in.OK....so I had good thoughts on the drive over to Christy's tonight. Ihad eaten dinner early enough, I was really gonna push myself & stick it out & then it happened. Shannon dropped the bomb that TONIGHT was going to be her LAST RUN!!!!!!!!!! She is leaving tomorrow!!!!! I thought the girl was just being a pain, but HELL NO she was dead serious. So we waited for every1 to get there & took a before race pic & she lost it. So ya know what happened?? You got it I lost it! Running time was supposed to be somewhere around 8 & I don't think we started til 815-830ish. So we started the run. Pace started good & I was feeling good. We got just about to mile 1 & I had to walk. What a freakin wimp. But I promise it was just short walk. This went on for the other 2.2 miles. The pace we running was a faster pace than what I had been running at before which was good, but man it was kicking my big ol'butt. At the last mile the trainer in Shannon came out.....THANK GOD! That is what I need. She was pushing me & talking me through it...& damn as I'm typing this I'm getting emotional. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her crazy ass. Anyways, I felt like I was slowing the pace down for everyone else tonight, but I know that will change. I will be able to keep up with these awesome girls someday!

Here's the schedule for the week:Sunday-Run 5k w/the girls
Monday- Teach step 45 minutes
Tuesday- A.M.-teach spin 45 minutes P.M. -teach inline step 45 minutes
Wednesday- teach step 1 hr
Thursday-A.M.-weight train P.M.-Run 5k w/girls
Friday-????
Saturday-Cardiosculpt

1 comment:

  1. Aww girl reading this made me emotional too. I was glad we didn't run fast. That way the last run with my girls could last a little longer. You CAN DO anything you put your mind to. It's just one foot in front of the other. You can do it momma!!

    ReplyDelete